Friday, April 10, 2020

Project Reflection

A Bittersweet Finale


Finally GIF - Find & Share on GIPHYThis project has been such a learning experience
about myself and films. It's so satisfying how this simple idea of a homeless man living in his car has developed over time. So many small details go into creating even just a short 2-minute opener.

Deciding to work with my partner Leandro was risky but helpful. Although we didn't know each other very well when picking partners, we decided to take a chance and work together. Working in a group can be scary, however, it went a lot simpler than I had imagined. It was very easy to bounce ideas off of one another, we never seemed to get stuck. If one of us had a bad idea the other one would let us know. He had strengths in editing while I had a notch for coming up with ideas, the team dynamic worked well. I even found that I was more likely to get the work done fast because someone else was relying on me. In addition to that, I saw that if I put my mind to things I could reach some goals I wouldn't have deemed possible. Even if it required hours of searching for just a 30-second background song to the title slide, it can be done.

This film opener was probably the most naturally flowing out of all of the projects I have completed in this class. Throughout my work in the year, I found that I constantly had issues with the theme; my projects always lost their focus. This time around we decided to create a film based on a simpler idea. We had a slight urge to go towards a complex idea but instead, we stuck with making are simple idea intricate and detailed. I also learned how planning plays such a key role in projects. All the planning and research that went into this project prepared me for the execution.

Throughout this project, I learned that I enjoy films. I have always loved art, however, I have gained a newfound respect for film and any type of media. I learned that a lot goes into a piece of work. We often consume media without even thinking but if you take a step back and think about what you're watching it's truly amazing how much thought and detail go into films. I did not expect to like this subject as much as I did and it is maybe something I would want to continue even after this year.

This is a bittersweet feeling. I am happy with the outcome of the project and that the stress if over, however, being creative is a lot of fun and it's sad it has to end. I am also going to miss my blog, which was surprisingly very fun for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment